Apache caches the pages... The initial load into cache will take a fraction
of a second longer but from that point on it will zip right through.

:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tsinwah Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 5:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Tomcat standalone vs Tomcat w/ Apache

What? using Apache with Tomcat will increase the performance for static
pages? Well, my admin told me the opposite, she said the browser "hesitated"
for a fraction of a second and then the static pages got load up when using
Apache + Tomcat. So she wanted to use Tomcat standalone instead. So how come
there is an increase in performance? Please help me to convice my admin to
use both Apache and Tomcat. Thanks much in advance.

T.