From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 12:53 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: going crazy with DBCP

At 11:05 PM 7/8/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Clay, here's something I noticed.  With Tomcat 4.0.x the place to
>put your jars for server wide access is in %CATALINA%\lib, not
>%CATALINA%\common\lib.  (the common\lib is the new location for 4.1.x)

This is not at all correct.

%CATALINA%\common\lib existed in Tomcat-4.0 and continues to exist in
Tomcat-4.1.  It is used for cases where both the server and your webapps

require access to libraries.  This would be the case with your JDBC
driver
when using DBCP connection pooling.

What changed between 4.0 and 4.1 is that %CATALINA%\lib is now
%CATALINA%\shared\lib.  Actually, the only thing that changed was the
name.  There is no functional difference here.  These respective
directories are be used to store jars that need to be accessed by your
webapps, but you don't need to have the server itself see them.

We don't need any more confusion about that on this list.

Jake