At 11:44 AM 7/10/02 -0700, Clay Graham wrote:
>this is confusing because first of all I read on the list that needed to
>create a directory under my webapps called /DBTest (for my example) I don't
>really see how you are doing you're path to jdbc/Support, did you create a
>directory? This is what was causing my initial failure (a detail not in the
>DBCP guide), secondly I was watching the DBTest logs at startup and it
>complained that there was no web.xml or WEB-INF dir for the context, do you
>have a web.xml file that you put in this directory?

Let me first put in a caveat that I ain't no expert and while I *think* this is true,
it may not be. ;-)

The Context tag of your application should point to some real directory where your
application resides. My application is called "Applications". (real original, huh?)
Here is my Context tag...

<Context path="/applications" docBase="applications/web" debug="99"
            reloadable="true">
This is pointing to a directory at $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/application/web which is
where all of my jsps live. When I enter the url http://localhost:8080/applications/
this is where it goes.

<Context path="/DBTest" docBase="DBTest" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">

So the Context tag you have is pointing to the directory
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/DBTest. If that doesn't exist it would explain at least some of
your errors. It sounds like your application lives in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/test so
you could try something like this in your server.xml...

<Context path="/DBTest" docBase="test" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">

The "jdbc/Support" thing is a mistake on my part. That should read "jdbc/devdb".
Support is the real name of my MySQL database. I was calling it devdb because I
thought it would make more sense and obviously I've just muddied the waters more than
they were. Sorry about that.

The WEB-INF directory lives under the application path and web.xml lives inside of
WEB-INF. So on my system that would be
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/applications/WEB-INF/web.xml. Again, if your context path
doesn't exist, those woun't be found either.

I hope this is correct and that it helps clarify things for you.

Cindy