There was a post several weeks back from someone that was entitled "how to
contribute to the documentation in 7 easy steps" or seomthing like that, but
I forget who posted it, and unfortunately I can't find it in the archives at
the moment.  There was one earlier than that from Craig McClanahan on how to
contribute to the docs.

Craig's post is here:
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/tomcat-users/2002-October/081222.htm

John