From: vim m [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 4:42 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Apache2.0.40 Tomcat4.1.18 Integration on Linux 7.1

John: I just checked this out. The connection is
working if I access the server from the same machine.
Till now, I was checking this from a remote machine.
But listen to this - maybe it would help.
It works for:
http://localhost - I see the default Apache page.
But http://localhost:8080/ does not work.

When I give
http://thedomainname:8080/ it works.
and http://thedomainname/examples works and so do all
my other applications.
All this happens in the same machine. It does not work
from remote machines.

Would this be a problem with my servername in
http.conf and host in server.xml? I have checked them
and they point to the same name.
This is so frustrating :(

--- "Turner, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry, I'm stumped.  Your config files look OK to
> me.  I'm assuming that
> wherever you have "thedomainname" in your files,
> that you have an actual
> name that can be resolved to an IP address, right?
> "thedomainname" is just
> a placeholder you're using when you post the files
> to the net for us to see?
>

> John

=== message truncated ===

---