Tomcat doesn't provide this but other simple solutions exist such as exposing a URL and using cron + wget. (Some may also say kludge too)

As for aggregating statistics - I would recommend using a log file to record the essential measurements then running your stats program on the logs. This way - tomcat can crash (or other strange occurences may occur) and you lose no data. If the data is already logged, then the first solution (cron + wget) will work well too.

-Tim

Riaan Oberholzer wrote:
Well, that was part of my question.... if I
cannot/don't implement daemon threads to do e.g.
automatic daily tasks, what else? E.g, at the end of
the day send an e-mail to a (real life) manager with a
summary of the day's transactions.... something like
that.

Does Tomcat provide some sort of ActionEvent which you
can configure to be fired every x milliseconds?