> Toolserver's way of doing things is very individualized. It doesn't
> promote collaboration, and it leads to tools disappearing when a
> user's account is disabled.

Wrong. Do you know MMP https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/MMP ?
Toolserver already allows collaboration as you describe it. What you seem to be saying is that you want to *force* people to collaborate: are you sure this works? I'd rather suggest to investigate what works or not in the MMP (very simple) model and why people don't use it more in Toolserver, so that you can build on that experience and understand better the users' needs.

Nemo