Hi Andre,

2012/9/26 Andre Koopal <an...@molens.org>:
> Just replying to the original mail here.
>
> While the discussion what the labs project should look like is usefull, the
> immediate problem at hand is a bit forgotten, that toolserver might end
> early next year if there is less support.

Toolserver will not end early next year. Period.

Wikimedia Deutschland will make all necessary investments to keep the
Toolserver up and running, and we will use the next year to discuss
together with the Toolserver users and community a way to transition
into WikiLabs. And I can only urge you all to take active part in the
design and development of Wikilabs, so that it will provide for your
needs.

With regards to new hardware: Our committment here dos not mean that
we will simply replace broken parts only; it also means that we will
buy new stuff, so that the Toolserver can handle increased demand. We
do have the ressources to do so, and the money is available within our
annual budget.
Please support DaB and Sebastian Sooth (who is handling Toolserver
matters from Wikimedia Deutschland side) in putting together a list of
necessary items to be purchased.

What we will not do, however, is ignoring the fact that the Toolserver
will be replaced by Wikilabs sometime in the future. So every
investment we make will have to take this into account.

Pavel