Hello all!

So essentially MY BOTS DO NOT RUN ANYMORE BECAUSE OF THE TS
OVERLOAD for at least 1 week!! I am up to stop my work here
in wikipedia (de, en, commons, meta, ...) because I do not
have the time and ressources to keep my bots running...

Sorry I am late for this discussion - but I tried to read all posts
and follow the discussion... So to me the intressting post were:

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/toolserver-l/2012-September/005294.html

@Erik Moeller: You are aware that a lot of people doing some very
good work here on the TS are not hired my WMF as you are and
do NOT get any money but spend their spare time to set up someting
cool and working... are you?

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/toolserver-l/2012-September/005301.html

Since the WMF people should be intressted in a smooth transition
from TS to Tools Labs they really should be willing to spend some
money (at least once) and give the people time to change...
As seen on the TS the users are able to switch e.g. from solaris
to linux but that takes time - at least 1 year I think!
I am not able (and willing) to spend hours I re-writing all my
stuff just because of this... and as Platonides mentioned:
the big loser will be the community!

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/toolserver-l/2012-September/005303.html

So what about WMF spending some money to hire engineers for this
transition phase - I do not care about WMF or WMDF paying these!!
So please stop that "kindergarden" and find a solution here!!!

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/toolserver-l/2012-September/005317.html

@DaB: These are really good news - all people on this maillist
got (and hopefully read this mail)! So DaB could you please
write that list and then just order that stuff?! You do have
a lot witnesses on this maillist and we have to do everything
in order to help you and keep your motivation up!! So stop
asking and start acting! ;))

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/toolserver-l/2012-September/005322.html

(as noted before - DaB you are right; so just do what is needed!
I do not think you will throw the money out of the open window
and yes may be we could have done this smarter... blablabla
we need to start acting NOW!)

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/toolserver-l/2012-September/005284.html

Once again; just buy that stuff that is needed in order to establish
a SMOOTH transition to Tool Labs within 2 years so everybody on TS
is able to follow without having to quit it's job in real life!!
Would that be possible?

Greetings
DrTrigon