On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Carl (CBM) <cbm.wikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I expect that few toolserver users were/are working on mediawiki
> extensions. For non-extension projects that have a lot of data, using
> a database server is the only reasonable solution. Just as a point of
> data, the "logging" table for the WP 1.0 project on toolserver, which
> has records for article assessments on enwiki, has about 46 million
> rows in a user database.

Yes, and we should definitely find ways to support projects like the
WP 1.0 assessment DB in Labs. The feature set of the Labs DB
replication isn't final, and it's likely going to be iterative. We do
recognize the tremendous effort that's gone into some of these tools,
and the value they represent.

We'll host an IRC meeting soon that we'll broadcast to toolserver-l@
as well to allow for more discussion of requirements for tool labs
(the phase of the labs project dedicated to supporting tools
development) and to answer questions about how folks can use Labs
today. In the meantime, don't hesitate to join #wikimedia-labs on
irc.freenode.net as well.

Erik
--
Erik Möller