You might want to consider a canonical model for observations here - its
basically a model for metadata for results of observations  :

https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-ssn/

where sosa:Observation is a meta object about the value of a property

 it needs to be married to a canonical model for measurement  (uom) as well
as for observable properties

you could probably entail reified statements or simple properties against
the "feature of interest" - i.e. subject -  from the ssn/sosa model  -
maybe declaring

sosa:featureOfInterest, sosa:observedProperty and sosa:hasResult to be
subproperties of rdf:subject, rdf:predicate, rdf:object  would be
sufficient to do this in EDG?

This normalises patterns for observation time, procedure etc.

I'm interested in formalising profiles of SOSA - and a formalisation of it
as a reification pattern might be an interesting idea if it has utility.