From: Pierre-Alain Branger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 2:04 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: no DataSourceFactory configured

Hi everybody,

I follow the tutorial and could generate my mysql database and the
corresponding java access classes. I made a jar and add it to a java project
that compiled well. But when I launch my application I obtain the following
message:

java.lang.NullPointerException: There was no DataSourceFactory configured for
the connection BddPortalCCG
        at
org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:711)
        at org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:268)
        at
org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:80)
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.begin(Transaction.java:62)
        at
mx.unam.ccg.BddPortal.BaseApplication.save(BaseApplication.java:361)
        at
mx.unam.ccg.BddPortal.BaseApplication.save(BaseApplication.java:343)
        at testbddportalccg.Main.main(Main.java:36)

I hope soƱeone could help, me. Here are the different configuring files I
use:

------------- torque.properties ----------------

torque.database.default = BddPortalCCG
torque.database.BddPortalCCG.adapter = mysql

# Using commons-dbcp
torque.dsfactory.BddPortalCCG.factory =
org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.BddPortalCCG.connection.driver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.BddPortalCCG.connection.url =
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/BddPortalCCG
torque.dsfactory.BddPortalCCG.connection.user =
torque.dsfactory.BddPortalCCG.connection.password =

------------- project.properties ---------------- # The name of the project
Torque will generate code for.
torque.project=BddPortalCCG

# The target database platform.
torque.database=mysql

# The target package to put the generated classes in.
torque.targetPackage=mx.unam.ccg.BddPortal

# The JDBC URL that Torque can use to create and # drop databases if instructed
to do so.
torque.database.createUrl=jdbc:mysql://localhost/mysql

# The JDBC URL that will be used to create tables in your database.
torque.database.buildUrl=jdbc:mysql://localhost/BddPortalCCG

# The JDBC URL that will be used to access your database.
torque.database.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/BddPortalCCG

# The JDBC database driver to use when connecting to your database.
torque.database.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

# The administrative username that has sufficient privileges to create # and
drop databases and tables that Torque executes at generation time.
torque.database.user=

# The administrative password for the supplied username.
torque.database.password=

# The hostname or IP address of your database server.
torque.database.host=localhost

# The location of the your *-schema.xml files (see below).
torque.schema.dir=./schema

------------- schema.xml ---------------- <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?> <!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM
"http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_1.dtd";>

<database
  name="BddPortalCCG">

    <column