Ok, I presume you are using the Torque sample code, so you call
Torque.init() with the correct properties file first thing in the
application, as Guy remarked.
Maybe it's time to step back and try whether you can access the database
using plain jdbc. You would use the code

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
java.sql.Connection connection =
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(databaseUrl, user, password);

and see whether you can connect to the database. If not, the exception
stack trace may give you a reason what is going wrong.

   Thomas

"Pierre-Alain Branger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 23.01.2007
00:04:55:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I am using a correct db user name and password in my torque.properties
and
> build.properties files but I don't show it in the mail.
>
> Any other idea?
>
> Pierre
>
> > a) I do not believe that the torque.properties needs to be in the
> > classpath. The tutorial example code loads it from the file system, as
far
> > as I know.
> > b) in your torque.properties, you have set
> > torque.dsfactory.BddPortalCCG.connection.user which means that there is
no
> > user set for your connnection. Try setting
> > the correct db user name there. Same goes for the
> > torque.database.user
> > in the build.properties.
> >
> >        Thomas
> >
> > On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Pierre-Alain Branger wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everybody,
> >>
> >> I follow your suggestions but I still can not execute my program
> >> properly.
> >> Following, the different things I did:
> >>
> >> - I added torque.properties, actually it was not in it:
> >> export CLASSPATH=/home/pbranger/BddPortalCCG/src/conf
> >> By the way the tutorial don't mention this step.
> >>
> >> - I also added torque.properties to the default source package in Net
> >> beans.
> >>
> >> - My database is properly started
> >>
> >> - Connection url, password and username are right in the configuration
> >> file.
> >> I just borrow user and password in the mail I sent.
> >> Thomas, what do you mean by "I am sure whethet mysql accepts
connections
> >> without specifying a database user (as you did)"?
> >> I can connect to mysql by mysql -u user -p but if I don't specify user
> >> obviously can not connect.
> >>
> >> Thanks again for your help,
> >>
> >> Pierre

org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:711)

org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:80)