thomasfoerster;496512 Wrote:
> Actually that's what I do..
>
> Almost all appliances are off when I'm not at home.
> Well, the fridge has to stay on, and that's a biggy.
> But imho this stand-by-humbug wastes much too much energy world-wide.
> Those multi-outlet power thingies I have to use now are so ugly!
>
> Power switches should be mandatory, that's what I think.

The amount of energy a Squeezebox in Standby uses is insignificant.
Also what good is a wireless LAN device that has to be turned on by a
power switch to use it when it has remotes, wireless controllers, and
can be used from a WebUI. Kind of defeats the purpose of the device.

If you just have to turn yours off, plug it into a power strip and turn
it on and off manually (that is if you believe in the global warning
myth).

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom