Muele;508462 Wrote:
> Sure a lot of people would be content with the touch as it is.
>
> But for Logitech I think it is really important that is in a really
> good state when launched. Reason: There will be a gazillion reviews
> right upon launch. Launch with mediocre software will result in bad
> reviews, that will haunt the product forever even if the software is
> fixed two weeks later.
> Logitech mised the holliday season and now they just want it to be
> bloody perfect when released. For not-yet-customers it doesn't really
> matter if sales starts two months later if they haven't heard about the
> product yet anyway.
>
> Just my 0.02$/€ on the matter.

I agree.  The holiday shopping season has passed and there is really
nothing to gain by trying to push it out the door before it is ready.
Yes, people are chomping on the bit for the Touch and are getting
impatient.  However, once it is out and gains traction, the anxiety of
the wait will quickly fade.  People then will be fixated on how well it
works.

I hope that they are making good use of the time that they are taking
because if they are, I think it will pay off in a big way!  This is a
critical product for them and I'm sure they recognize this.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.3.3, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 30,015 songs, 2,448 albums, 451 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior