powellmi;508270 Wrote:
> my order from October 2009 was cancelled just today.
> Main reason: No delivery date for Touch
> Hard to believe that this product is not ready for shipping.
> The HW looks great and SW on the Controller lis working good so far.
> Several beta users of the Touch seem to be hapy - So what is the real
> problem? Maybe Logitech is waiting to earn more money with this
> product?!
> I'm really looking to get the Tocu installed in my living room
>
> Cheers
>
> Michael

The product was produced months ago. Touches are stacked up in
warehouses and just waiting to be released for delivery. The hardware is
ready, the firmware/software doesn't yet completely meet what the
printing on the box says it can/will do.

Does the Touch work at this time, it does. Is the software ready for
consumers, in my opinion not just yet. It is very close and getting more
finalized every day.

I think it is a big mistake to cancel ones order when the unit is this
close to shipping. Now if one wants one, they have to go to the end of
the line. I don't know how many pre-orders there are, but I would bet it
will eat up most of the ones in stock.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom