mortslim;518305 Wrote:
> The statement from HDtracks is internally inconsistent.  Since it is a
> digital to digital conversion, which it admits by saying "from the DSD
> stream of the SACD", then, by definition, it is NOT a "native high
> resolution recording".  It is not native, it is converted.
>
> And its claim that it is "not up sampled" is contradicted by the studio
> owner that actually does the conversions.  He told me on the phone that
> it is "up sampled".
>
> And I previously posted that the Coordinator for Resound, the Chicago
> Symphony Orchestra’s record label, stated that his organization does NOT
> give access to their masters to Hdtracks, only CD’s and SACD’s.
I also got an email from HDTracks (I bought couple of recordings) that
sheds some more light on the process. Here is the quote:

> In regards to the high resolution
> albums that we offer, all of our 96/24 albums are from the original
> studio masters.  For some of the 88.2/24 albums, they are also from the
>
> original analogue tape masters (the Water Lily titles for example).
>
> The MDG album that you mentioned, and the other 88.2/24 albums that are
>
> not from analogue tape masters are taken from the SACD DSD stream
> through the following process:
>
> EMM Labs CDSD-SE Transport => via DSD ST-optical => EMM Labs ADC8 MkIV
>
> => via PCM 24/96 AES/EBU => Pyramix DSD/DXD Workstation => Digital
> Audio
> Denmark AX24 for playback monitoring via MADI.

I have seen the combination of EMM and Pyramix mentioned before. Any
comments on this setup ?

--
matka

George

Transporter->Pathos Logos->Triangle Celius
2 Duets, 1 Boom, 1 SB3
Sansa Clip Plus -> AKG K 420
Fedora Core Linux