Mnyb;535127 Wrote:

> Any chance that the web-UI based tool would come back as a plugin :)
> They dropped it from the sbs to save cpu, ram, whatnot ?
> All perfmon stuff is gone (for non programmers anyway, I suppose weird
> undocumented command-line options can still be used), i really liked
> that stuff.

Actually I dropped the web interface when the event loop was rewritten
and it would have needed a major upgrade.  There were also lots of
comments about users not understanding it!  Instrumentation of how long
the server takes to perform events is still available if you start the
server from the command line, however the only output is to the log
file/command line rather than a web page.  I guess I felts the majority
of the benefit was achieved by this without the questions about how to
use it from less technical people...

Anyway re network test, there have also been questions about how to
dump down the interface on this to make it less geeky.  If it didn't
have any options but just showed a single display of how fast it could
go - similar to a broadband speed checker, would this be useful?   Is
the history graph currently shown also useful?

--
Triode