triode,

network test can be read either way - test the network between this
device and server or test entire network - therefore some people,
especially without all the history, will make an interpretation which
doesn't match reality.

those of us that are natural english speakers are divided by a common
language, heaven help those who are using it as a second language.

I think 'connection test' may be less likely to be misinterpreted.

the tool is still useful but unfortunately not definitive when
trouble-shooting as I expected - identifying low CPU power could be
equally useful. In fact identifying that network+CPU is insufficient
would be a valid test to highlight that issues are not SBS/Squeeze but
'system' (nearly used 'network' there, damn)

--
DigitalMitch

2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * SBR, 1 * Radio and 1 * Touch
controlled by IR, SBC [and iPeng on iPhone - wifi died!!]
7.5.0 on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470) upgraded to 2G RAM
http://www.last.fm/user/digimich