Hello,

I still have my SB3, but I will probably buy a Touch soon.
I am bit puzzled by the scanning time you are talking about for direct
usb hard disk.
For similar music library, my laptop scan everything in a few minutes
with squeezeserver 7.5
I can understand this will be slower with the embedded server of the
Touch.
But we are talking about almost an hour scanning instead of a few
minutes ...

I usually rescan everything from scratch each time my music library
change.
It is fast enough (even with more than 400 CDs), and I am sure it is
clean.

Suggestion :
Would it be possible to have an option to generate the embedded server
database on the usb disk with a fast PC ?
So you can use it as it is when you plug the disk to the Touch and use
the embedded server ?

--
nicolas75