kidstypike;536497 Wrote:
> Brand new LaCie 500 gig mains powered USB HD 27000 tracks, initial scan
> 5.5 hours, crashed during artwork scan. Restarted server, this time
> completed artwork scan, about 6.5 hours total. Playing an album or
> random songs, usually the first track is ruined by stuttering -
> restarting, but eventually settles down and plays ok until I try to
> skip a track, this usually crashes the server, restarting the server,
> DISCOVERING_DIRECTORY PROGRESS takes 20 mins.
>
> Thinking there was a problem with the HD, I attached the Maxtor 500 gig
> HD that I use for my PC Squeezebox server. Scan times similar to the
> first HD, however after two crashes attempting to scan the artwork, I
> gave it up.
>
> I deleted loads of albums from the first HD, down to 14500 tracks.
> Checked all tags with Mp3tag, checked all embedded artwork was below
> 150kb, with Tag&Rename. Mounted this squeaky clean drive on the Touch.
> Scan took about 2 hours with no problems. (Remaining scan time is way
> out, you can practically double whatever is displayed).  Exactly same
> problems with stuttering/crashing. DISCOVERING_DIRECTORY PROGRESS now
> takes 11.5 minutes.
>
> I bought the Touch with a view to this being the basis of my audio
> set-up, however, using the inbuilt server has completely ruined the
> Touch user experience for me. As it stands at the moment, I would not
> recommend the Touch as a stand alone player/server.

Many thanks for your feedback!!
I thought I was the only one having this problem so I called the
Logitech support in Germany and they said it was for sure a software
problem and that I should wait for the new version of the server.
I'll wait for the new version and if I still have the same problem,
I'll send the touch back.
I hope they are right and logitech can solve this bug with the new
version...

--
perro6969