Gazjam;538765 Wrote:
> Getting mine today to replace an SB3, looking forward to improved
> digital out into my Beresford Dac.
>
> Most new bits of kit I've had needed some time from new to "bed in"
> soundwise. Now the Touch has been out for a while, can any experienced
> users comment on if this is the case with the Touch?
>
> Ta.

The Touch is a small and relatively simple electronic wise, consumer
product. There is no such thing as 'Burn In" in a device of this type,
period! And I don't believe there are any Black Gate capacitors in the
Touch that supposedly sound better with age.

More importantly, the term 'Burn In' comes from the old days when it
was part of a requirement (mainly in gov and mil contracts) to make
sure that a component did not die in the first few hours of a product
being turned on thus causing a device to be sent out that would go DOA
a few hours after being turned on by the purchaser. It has and had
nothing to do with how something sounds. Something like ninety-two
percent of most electronic component failures occur in the first 72
hours. So companies (and some still do) used to do what they called a
Burn-In to protect the company name from field failures that would be
found from leaving equipment powered up a few days. It was also used in
the days when many things had to be adjusted and aligned at operating
temperature.

Now mechanical devices like speakers with dynamic drivers can need some
break-in to reach their proper sound, but again this is break-in not
burn-in.

My Touch has sounded the same since the day I turned it on, GREAT!

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom