Paa;542748 Wrote:
> First, I have to say that I have a SB3, which has been working extremely
> well for the last years. It's certainly the best audio kit I have ever
> bought, and I had bought a lot.
>
> So I have been eagerly waiting for the Touch, especially because of the
> embedded server and 24/94 capability. Unfortunately, I have to say I'm
> having an horrible experience:
>
> - I have an external drive with 120GB of music (with its own power
> supply). The embedded server fails, I would say, 4 out of 5 times it
> tries to scan the drive. Most of the times it blocks for no obvious
> reason. No error messages, nothing....
I agree. The Touch - used as a player with an external server - works
fine and gives superb audio quality.

While I was able to successfully use the internal server with a 2GB
flash drive, I've yet for it to fully  scan my external USB drive with
46,000 songs without crashing (and I've tried 2 different drives.)

The biggest frustration for me is that they delayed release four months
to fix the internal server so that things would be perfect for the mass
market consumer. Given the widespread problems with the internal server
after that long delay, I'd sure hate to think just how persnickety Tiny
SBS was last December!

--
mlsstl