I think you'd have to say that Touch/TinySC is really still under
development and feels a little buggy around the edges.  I use it from
time to time but using the Touch via a server is a much, much more
stable, faster and slicker experience.  I expect things to get better
slowly as it did with the Duet.

If you are are going to use TinySc, something to bear in mind; the
choice of drive affects responsiveness.  You can get it to run with a
2.5" drive with a small database but it gets sluggish and unresponsive
as the database gets larger.  As you add a powered hub (as is
recommended), things get better and it gets to be useable but it's
still not optimal.  As you move to 3.5" powered drives, things get much
better but noise becomes an issue for some drives.

Of the drives that I tried, least successful was a Western Digital My
Passport SE 750 Gb.  Too slow.  The best of the 2.5 drives I tried was
the Lacie Little Disc 500gb.  Having the extra power cable seemed to
help.  The best of the 3.5" that I tried was a Western Digital 1.5 TB
Green drive which I put in an aftermarket case.  The Philippe Starck
3.5" Lacie was a disaster because of noise.

I'll probably revisit TinySC in a few months.

--
HectorHughMunro