erland;551568 Wrote:
> IMHO, most people will be better of with a separate server on a
> computer, Sheevaplug, Vortexbox appliance or similar. For some people
> the built-in server in the Touch will work, but it might also not work
> depending on your size of library, file format, network, customization
> requirements, performance requirements other similar things.
>
> I wouldn't want to guarantee that the built-in server will work for
> anything else than occasional USB sticks from friends.... Consider it
> to be a positive side effect if the built-in server works in your
> environment for your main library.
You miss the point.

The Tiny SBS server using an external USB device is -not- marketed as a
potential "positive side effect" for only some or a beta feature for the
technically adventurous. There are no drive limitations or kabuki-like
rituals specified in either the advertising or user documentation
materials.

Most new buyers are not going to visit this forum first to listen to
the sage words of people like you. If they show up here at all, it'll
be after they are frustrated with their new toy. That's not the point
in time they should be learning about the special needs of the Touch.

--
mlsstl