Hello silvermilnec,

To answer your question on how I am getting on with the touch...

I found it easy to get setup and did so without any problems.

I have started ripping my CDs using EAC which is taking a long time per
CD but I think it is worth it. I Have only done around 15 albums so far
and have ripped in FLAC level 0 as I thought this would give the Touch
CPU the easiest time decoding and I think I should be fine for space.

So far so good, no problems connecting. The only thing I can't really
get my head around is accessing the touch from my computer to move new
music to the attached harddrive.

As for sound quality, into my DAC it sounds amazing. A real step up
from my TEAC CD transport. I guess this is partly due to the SB Touch
and partly the use of EAC. For sound quality alone I am blown away.
Very smooth!

--
woodnut