andyg;563842 Wrote:
> Can you describe your ALAC files?  What was used to encode them?  Are
> they standard 44.1/16 files?

i'm not that techie just ripped all my own cds using apple lossless in
itunes and then copied them to the external hard disk - i initially
wondered if it could have been down to the settings on the hd which is
set to go to sleep after 10 mins so I started timing the gaps incase it
was every 10 mins its not some time 2 or 3 mins sometimes 15 but i don't
think i have ever managed to get through a full album without it doing
it at least once. i have tried just playing an album from start to
finish and skips and also tried setting up playlist with ipeng and its
skips when the tracks are in a random order

most of my albums don't have artwork as its not pulled through from
itunes - i have a few where i have manually saved the artwork when
itunes couldn't find it and this artwork is displayed but the problems
are not just assosicated with those albums with artwork

--
matengawhat