I updated my firmware and it seems to be happening sporadically at this
point.  Some tracks it truncates, some it doesn't.  I am also having an
issue with the the first track of any CD dropping out after about 10
seconds.  I think this thing just doesn't buffer well enough to handle
ALAC files (not sure about other large files).

The Touch just doesn't seem to have the memory it should to pull of
what it is supposed to do.  The fanboys on here can go on and on how
it's unfair that us USB connector users are badmouthing the product,
but plain and simple - this thing does not work well at all. I bought
the Touch so that I didn't have to have a computer running constantly
to use this type of device.  That seems to be the only way this works
as it should.

--
metalbob