Sorry, I don't quite understand your problem. The Sheevaplug does have
to be physically near your SBTouch.

woodnut;569767 Wrote:

> don't know how easy it is to set this up on the sheevaplug, especially
> for someone with little experience of networking. Of course this would
> mean unplugging the the external USB drive each time.

You needed to hack linux to get the USB-WIFI-Stick working, I don't
think you want to do that.

woodnut;569767 Wrote:

> I had hoped that I could run the sheevaplug with the external USB drive
> connected and a CAT6a cable connecting the sheevaplug to the SB Touch
> and then accessing the sheevaplug wirelessly in the same manner I
> access the SB Touch wirelessly at the moment.

Sorry, I really don't understand what you want to do. Why do you want
to connect the Sheevaplug to the SBTouch???

Why not just plug in the Sheevaplug in the power socket next ot your
router, connect it via ethernet cable to the router. Assign a fixed IP
address, done.
You can still use your SBTouch wirelessly, as before.

juzi

--
juzi