woodnut;569787 Wrote:
> Many thanks for your reply. The reason for wanting to connect the SB
> Touch to the sheevaplug is to avoid the use of streaming audio over
> WIFI. I want to try the tweaks from Soundchecks blog which include not
> streaming via WIFI and instead harwiring the ethernet connection.

If you don't want to use wifi for the Touch then connect the Touch to
your router with an ethernet patch cord.  Connect the Sheevaplug to the
router the same way and connect your laptop to this network using
whatever means you currently use, whether wireless or wired ethernet.

> It does sound like the only way I would be able to access the sheevaplug
> is by unplugging the SBTouch from the sheevaplug and plugging the cable
> into my laptop.

The Touch, the Sheevaplug and your laptop will all be on your network.
You can access the Sheevapug web interface from your laptop over the
network and control the Touch using the web interface.  You can access
the Sheevaplug's hard drive over the network also.

> Regarding SATA I was thinking it would free up the USB port for use with
> a wireless USB adapter but I shall rule that out.

There's almost no reason to need wifi for the Sheevaplug. It's tiny, so
can be placed almost anywhere.  Just place it near your router and
connect it to the router with an ethernet patch cord.

> My Toshiba HDD is a SATA drive in a USB enclosure.

I think all the Sheevaplugs have USB ports, so just use that.  If you
really want to use eSATA I would get an eclosure with eSATA.

--
JJZolx