OGS;577292 Wrote:
> Yes, certainly! I've tried to make this work with my Touch, but no
> sucess... Does this include support for async USB mode?
>
> .... ralphpnj and iPhone, have you actually listened to a Music
> Streamer USB DAC, the Ayre or one of the other asynchronous USB dacs?
> You should before you state things like this....

Yes I have, even the Ayre. As you can see from my signature, I am a big
fan of Ayre. Did you read my full post is my question for you? I have
seen only two worthwhile attempts at ALL the problems USB DAC brings to
the game. One I was speaking of is the Ayre and at $2500 plus having to
modify a Touch ($300), I would own a Transporter every day of the week
and twice on Sunday!

There are a ton of USB DACs on the market, some even act like a
Squeezebox by taking files from the PC to play directly, but almost
everyone of them suffers from all the issues and problems that are
related to USB DACs.

So I will close with why buy a USB DAC if one is going to use a
Squeezebox? To me it makes no sense and if one already owns a USB DAC
and wants to use a Squeezebox, it makes much more sense to ditch the
USB DAC and use the Squeezebox or get a Touch and a new non-USB DAC.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio