iPhone;577838 Wrote:
> Do you already own one? If the answer is NO, stay away from USB DACs.
> Use the Coax Digital out on the Touch!
>
> If one just has to use a DAC with the Touch, use a DAC with Coax S/PDIF
> input with the Touch.
>
> With both Toslink and COAX S/PDIF output available on all late model
> Squeezeboxes without speakers, my advice is to stay away from USB DACs
> IE why go there?

For the DAC I have and the USB receiver chip it uses I'd have to agree
with iPhone.

I have tested the Touch with the ALSA USB out mod to a Mhdt Havana USB
and I must say that I like the coax spdif from the Touch much better.

If I understand it correct, the Mhdt Havana DAC uses a C-media receiver
which than converts USB (adaptive mode) to spdif format for process.

Perhaps it depends on your DAC and it's design... (?)

--
metronet