iPhone;577089 Wrote:
> I believe that John S has been able to get USB output. IIRC he said it
> was going to take a hardware hack though if one wanted to disable the
> Analog and Digital outputs though.
>
> I still don't think it will be better then Coax Digital out though.
> There are so many issues with USB to DAC that I don't even consider it
> worth fooling with. And I know of only two companies that are even
> remotely dealing properly with the issues. And if one can afford their
> DAC, one can afford to buy different equipment so one doesn't have to
> depend on the USB for digital output.

I agree with iPhone. Maybe I somehow missed it but when did a USB
connection become the most desirable one? Last thing I recall was
reading about what big pain in the neck USB connections where and how
much better it was to transmit the data via a network connection,
something about jitter and bit perfect but who knows. My feeling is
that JS did it just to see if it could be done and in an honest effort
to explore all possible ways of connecting a Touch.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch