iPhone;577906 Wrote:

> With all the help I hope I have been to Forum Members, I would think it
> more then obvious that I just might happen to already know what I am
> doing when using digital files.
>
> Snip...
>
> Maybe its just me, but the only reason I can think of using a USB DAC
> for is if one wants to stream directly from a PC via the USB port. Yes
> it works and can be done. In my opinion, we are still miles away from
> this being anything near optimal. Even if one is using the Ayre QB-9,
> because again the Transporter for hundreds of dollars less is currently
> a better solution IMHO.

I have read many of your post over the years and found them
constructive, insightful and indeed helpful. That is why I am puzzeled
at the current outbursts towards connecting audio devices via USB.
I can not see that the analog output stage of the Transporter is
anywhere near the QB-9's, but I have not heard any of then so couldn't
tell. What I do know is that a Touch and a Music Streamer II+ is only
$600 retail for both.

--
OGS

Vortexbox - Touch - Tact RCS 2.0 - Rotel RB-1060 (mod) - Tannoy Sensys
DC1 (mod)