iPhone;577838 Wrote:
> Do you already own one? If the answer is NO, stay away from USB DACs.
> Use the Coax Digital out on the Touch!
>
> If one just has to use a DAC with the Touch, use a DAC with Coax S/PDIF
> input with the Touch.
>
> With both Toslink and COAX S/PDIF output available on all late model
> Squeezeboxes without speakers, my advice is to stay away from USB DACs
> IE why go there?

I really do not understand what this campaign is all about. You talk
about all the evils of audio via USB, but you do not explain why. You
say you have tried the Ayre QB-9. Sounds like you had computer trouble
if the experience was that bad. I use Coax S/PDIF from Touch to my Tact
and it sounds as good as the Tact permits. The Touch analog out is
better, but a Music Streamer II+ connected to my PC's USB port sounds
even better. So what is wrong with wanting this sound quality via the
Touch??

--
OGS

Vortexbox - Touch - Tact RCS 2.0 - Rotel RB-1060 (mod) - Tannoy Sensys
DC1 (mod)