Mnyb, I'm glad you're not having any issues and, yes, I could quite
easily set up a small server and probably not have a problem. It's not
a particularly elegant solution though as I coughed up cash in order
not to have to have an external server running. Why should I now fork
out more money just to get this bloody thing working properly?

You seem to be missing the point of the thread. This device is sold as
being able to run without having an external server and being able to
play music directly from an attacted usb drive. Quite simply, it does
not do this with any semblance of reliability. That's the issue and
that's why I'm seriously considering ditching the Touch in favour of
something that acutally works as it's supposed to. It's a shame because
the device itself is very nice and the sound quality is top notch. If it
just 'worked' then it'd be a killer little device. Alas, it just doesn't
'work'.

--
Trixster