iPhone;579063 Wrote:
> And just exactly how did you arrive at the fact that "it yielded an
> appreciable sonic improvement"? Especially when there are no
> improvements whatsoever even from using a battery as the power source!
> There are internal switchers inside the Receiver. Since the Receiver
> has internal switchers and regulators, the external power supply
> basically just needs to be the proper voltage and provide adequate
> current.
>
> Testing was done with a battery, OEM, certified bench, and Linear power
> supplies. Measurements were made using AudioDiffMaker and the graphs
> were identical. Measurements were taken using an HP Measuring Receiver
> and Network Analyzer, no differences. Extensive listening tests were
> done with no differences heard.
>
> More importantly for the Touch, the internal switchers and regulation
> after the voltage change is very well done so providing smoother
> cleaner input supply isn't going to do a thing. The Touch has a very
> good switching power supply. Lastly on this subject, let us have some
> common sense. If the Touch or any other Squeezebox needed a better
> power supply it would come with one. More over it doesn't make any
> sense to spend even a dollar on a power supply of a $300 component.

I agree with Phil.  Can we just have the moderator perhaps put this in
a sticky, so that we don't have to read it again and again and again?
We get it: You have an unbridled faith in AudioDiffMaker, and you
insist on ignoring what people like Pat from ART have measured and what
people like John Swenson have measured and heard.  Is there no power
supply thread that you cannot just ignore, or must you always spread
the good news of your conversion?

--
tubesguy