TerryS;582094 Wrote:
> Well, I installed WinSPC but never could get it to connect to my NAS.
> Then I realized I don't even know how to browse for files on the NAS.
> I can browse to the music directory where all of my music files are
> stored, but I can't find the Squeezebox Server files anywhere.  I have
> much to learn about the NAS.  Maybe I'll have to learn some Linux
> before it is all over.
> But I guess the good news is that even a computer iliterate like me was
> able to get the Squeezebox server installed and running on the NAS.
> Says a lot about how easy they have made the process.
> With winter coming on, maybe I'll have time to learn a bit more about
> the NAS and how to work with the files on it.  But then maybe there
> will be a software upgrade to the Squeezebox server that fixes my
> problem first.
> Thanks for all the suggestions,
> Terry

When you open WinSPC you probably get into the directory of your music.
Click on the arrow at the top of the directory. You click several times
until you're in the root directory. Then you click "usr" then
"squeezecenter" and so on, until you are in the "Player" directory
(like in the screenshot), where you find the file "Squeezebox.pm",
which you can modify.

http://music.1to1-success.com/picture_library/WinSCP.jpg

--
Soundman