tmauceri;597638 Wrote:
> Bought a WD 1T USB drve today to back up the VBA. Downloaded the iPeng
> App for my iPad and I'm ripping every moment I can. I'm very impressed
> with everything so far and i'm glad I made this decision. Can someone
> recommend a free ripping program so I have an alternative to the VBA.
> Thanks again for everyones help.

If you are a windows user, there are two programs consistently
recommended by those serious a about their ripping. EAC (free) and
dbpoweramp (not free). I use and recommend dbpa (reference edition R14;
not free but worth every penny). Both these programs have a bit of
learning curve, but dbpa is easier to setup in my opinion. They will
both work with accuraterip, which is a very nice feature regarding
confirming good rips and speeding up the ripping process). dbpa has a
forum as well. I also think you should install mp3tag. This is very
useful for various tag clean up functions (and does FLAC as well...)

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/spoons-audio-guide.htm
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-power-register.htm
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?http://www.anytag.de/forums/