Phil Leigh;599380 Wrote:
> FLAC is indeed FLAC (in most cases) but all ripping programs are NOT the
> same!
> DBP and EAC produce the best quality rips possible. I don't know about
> VBA...

Agree. The issue is generally whether the rip is bit perfect. Thus the
usefulness of accuraterip, repeating the rip automatically and
comparing the the two results, etc.  This said, even a ripper that is
not particularly secure (e.g., Itunes) will do just fine on the vast
majority of rips. The problem is that one would like to know more about
the quality of the rip AT THE TIME THE RIP IS DONE. And do keep in mind
that just because a disk is brand new, never played, with no visible
scratches, it might still not rip without errors.  For all these
reasons, rippers are not created equal, even though they create the
same type files (e.g., FLAC). EAC and dbap are two rippers that provide
feedback and detail on the quality of a rip, have the ability to use
different secure methods, and (for me) the most useful function is the
ability to compare to a large database of other users' rips
(accuraterip).

--
garym