I have to jump in here and present a view from someone who only recently
joined this forum after reading with some excitment about the work of
soundcheck on a FREE mod which is a rare thing these days.
I certainly sensed the dismissive and holier than thou attitude of Phil
which is probably due to years of witnessing unfounded claims andh let
downs, having said that senior members here should not forget that many
of the members still have a fresh unbiased enthusiasm for anything new
that might lift our listening pleasure to a new level.
OK if it turns out to be a lemon then so be it but it appears to me
that someone here is putting a lot of effort in to try to wring out
more listening pleasure from the cheapest piece of kit in my rig which
i find a breath of fresh air after years of spending thousands of € on
small improvements.
Maybe Soundcheck was having a bad day to react so badly but i would
give him the benefit of the doubt here, and I would hope he will
continue to post his learnings and share his enthusiasm with those of
us who have been getting a certain pleasure from logging in here with
enthusiasm each evening to read the latest developments.
I sincerely hope there is no other agenda at play here based on some of
Soundchecks comments and that Phil has not driven away the one good
reason i decided to join this forum!
Finally i hope common sense prevails here and wiser counsel than me
intervenes to help get past this abrupt end to a thread i was
thoroughly enjoying.

--
Sligolad