garym;604278 Wrote:
> I'm not saying you believe this, but just for others' info, a blind A/B
> comparison does NOT have to be listening to short snips of music over a
> short time.

Quite true!

I just think that, to the extent that there are differences to be
perceived, they are more likely to become apparent when listening to a
variety of recordings over extended periods.

Sometimes judgments are formed based solely on repeated listening to
brief musical segments, whether blind or not. Yet, this is not how we
ordinarily listen to music. While this is not necessarily invalid when
the differences are gross, it seems to me questionable when the
differences are of the kind of musical refinement that soundcheck's
mods attempt to accomplish.

Guido F.

--
guidof

*Front End*: Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge;
Cambridge Azur 840C CD Player; Oppo BDP--83 Universal Player;
Squeezebox Touch Music File Player (digital out to Cambridge Azur 840C
DAC)
*Preamps*: Conrad Johnson Motif (Phono); Adcom GFP-750 (Line)
*Amps*: Music Reference RM-200 Mk II (Main); Little Tube Mk III
(Phones)
*Subwoofer Equalizer*: DSpeaker Antimode 8033
*Speakers*: Martin Logan SL3s; REL T1 Subwoofer
*Headphones*: AKG K701