Phil Leigh;604333 Wrote:
> I don't want to get into a big heated debate about this, but to do a
> meaningful assessment over time, one needs to switch back to the
> original settings occasionally, otherwise there is no comparative
> baseline - it's exactly like the "burn-in" situation. If you only ever
> listen to the new settings, your brain WILL forget completely what the
> old settings sounded like and WILL gradually re-programme itself to
> accept the new settings as the norm.

You won't get an argument about this from me! By all means, one should
switch back to the original setting for comparison purposes.

In the case of soundcheck's mods, this is easily accomplished either by
doing a factory reset or by using his "tt" tool (his paragraph 1.7). Of
course, one should also reset the FLAC/PCM decoding on the server, if
used.

Guido F.

--
guidof

*Front End*: Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge;
Cambridge Azur 840C CD Player; Oppo BDP--83 Universal Player;
Squeezebox Touch Music File Player (digital out to Cambridge Azur 840C
DAC)
*Preamps*: Conrad Johnson Motif (Phono); Adcom GFP-750 (Line)
*Amps*: Music Reference RM-200 Mk II (Main); Little Tube Mk III
(Phones)
*Subwoofer Equalizer*: DSpeaker Antimode 8033
*Speakers*: Martin Logan SL3s; REL T1 Subwoofer
*Headphones*: AKG K701