tmauceri;604249 Wrote:
> I've been wondering about this "soundcheck's Squeezebox Touch Toolbox
> 2.0" Less is better so they say, that's why we have direct in. But I'm
> a confirmed Audessey and ProLogic II Guy. Steps 1,2 and 3 are easy
> enough and I'm already configured that way. I don't plan or want to
> mess with installing scripts and files. But I'm curious about having
> the server decode vs. the SB touch. Whats the consensus. Once again
> thanks to everyone for all the help. I've got about 500 CDs ripped and
> having a grand old time with my new toys.

I can't speak to the consensus, but plenty of smart people on this
forum that know a lot more than me don't think that decoding on the
server side vs Touch matters to the ultimate sound quality.  Try it
both ways and see what you think. It's just a couple of settings in SbS
> Settings > File Types. But beware of the placebo effect....if you can,
get someone else to make the changes and listen a bit both ways so you
are doing a blind test. For me, there is absolutely no difference in
either my TOUCH or my TRANSPORTER.

--
garym