tmauceri;602396 Wrote:
> What are peoples preferences for digital out, Optical or Coaxial? I read
> something about Coax sounding better.

There is no cut and dried answer to that question. Its going to depend
on the DAC and cable used and the rest of your system.

The only really good way to find out is to try different combinations.
A number of people really like optical with a multi-strand glass cable.
They are a bit more expensive than the regular plastic ones, but in some
circumstances can sound very good.

The hard part is you need to try several different cables (price does
NOT automatically mean its going to sound best). In my system the best
coax cable is a cheap little thing that came with my first external DAC
MANY years ago. It beats out some quite expensive cables.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson