tmauceri;611931 Wrote:
> I would like to understand this better. Is it that each song contains
> embedded data called a Tag which contains multiple fields. I thought
> that each field was a seperate tag and that they were associated with
> the CD as a whole. When my VBA rips a CD it creates 3 extra files
> besides the flac files. Two are the album art (cover and folder). The
> third and I am blanking on the extension, I thought contained the CD
> data or contained the tags.

EACH track contains a TAG. This TAG has lots of different fields (or
can have lots of different fields). The fields are things like ARTIST,
ALBUM, GENRE, ALBUM ARTIST, DATE, COMPILATION, COMMENT, etc.  The data
within the fields (within the TAG) are referred to as "metadata". The 3
files you see when you rip related to an album are artwork files (two of
them) and I'm not sure about the 3rd file (maybe just a log file telling
you something about the ripping of the album; I get this with my dbpa
rips). But the 3rd file is NOT a tag. The tags are embedded within each
song file (track).

--
garym