tmauceri;611884 Wrote:
> Thanks I'm going to try a test disk. Probably do it on Saturday when I
> have some time to play around.What does the value 1 do? Does it
> identify a new tag and associate it with the server or is it some type
> of priority.

no, the COMPILATION field is just that, another field within a TAG. The
fields are things like ARTIST, ALBUM, GENRE, etc. The COMPILATION field
is just a simple one that is a "flag". If it exists and has the value
of 1, this just tells some player (itunes, SbS, etc.) that the track is
part of a compilation. So the player knows that the ALBUM, even though
it has different artist on the tracks in the album, is in fact an
"Album" that should be treated as one Album rather than 15 different
albums with 15 different artists with only 1 song each.

--
garym