DaveKen;614874 Wrote:
> I love the SQ from my Touch BUT .......    mine is very flakey, and I'm
> a clueless numptie which doesn't help.
> I have it connected ONLY to PSU (supplied), ethernet cable to switch to
> PC and digital co-ax to DAC. I've rebooted PC and/or factory reset the
> Touch endlessly and it refuses to make an ethernet connection. It will
> make a wireless connection to my network but suffers repeated dropouts,
> both when listening to my music library and internet radio. On both
> these options it starts off dispaying track information and cover art
> but after a few track it stops doing that. I have no problems with
> normal surfing the web FWIW.
> In the 'screen', now playing', 'scrolling' option screen ALL the
> options are lit and nothing I can do changes that.
> I'm currently listening to Radio Paradise and the SQ I'm getting is
> brilliant but those dropouts are a PIA, to put it mildly.
> In 10 days time I should have fibre optic BBand available which the
> provider estimates will give me a dowload speed of 34.4 MBps instead of
> the current norm of 13 to 14 MBps  -  is this likely to give me less
> dropouts on wireless connections?
> Dave.

the fibreoptic won't change the WIFI issue. I think the key issue you
need to fix now is getting the touch setup to run via ethernet. Your
dropouts are likely due to either poor WIFI strength (what does the
touch report?) or interference from other nearby wifi networks or
something else.  But again, you CAN connect it via ethernet to solve
all those issues so you need to get that figured out.

Have you tried a different plug on the switch.  Have you tried a
different ethernet cable. Maybe something simple like a bad cable or
bad jack on switch is causing your problem with not connecting via
ethernet.  But again, somehow, that's the issue that I'd advise you to
work on until resolved.

--
garym