NMarshall;622495 Wrote:
> The IP address for my router is 192.168.1.64.
> My router tells me that the Touch has a dynamically allocated IP
> address. How would i assign a static address during setup? Surely a
> factory reset would confirm this?

Slow down... it's too confusing!

1) Why is the IP address of your router not 192.168.1.1? (not critical,
but rather odd...)

2) You do NOT want a static address for the Touch (you DO want one for
the Windows/Unix/Mac server PC that is running SBS)...let DHCP on the
router give the Touch a dynamnic IP address (which will be in the
192.168.1.xxx range).

3) First of all, do a Factory Reset on the Touch - hold down the littel
button over the DC jack for 15 seconds until it says "restoring factory
settings on the Touch screen... it will then go through setup and
hopefully get an IP address via DHCP from your router.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.