NMarshall;622676 Wrote:
> I can switch back to mysqueezebox.com (with all the standard menu
> options) if I release Touch from the squeezeboxserver by selecting the
> other player.

You don't 'release' a Squeezebox when you change players in the web
interface of Squeezebox Server. All you are doing is selecting a
different player to control from the interface. The other player(s)
remain connected to the Squeezebox Server.

> So the issue is the Touch finding my PC/server, not being controlled by
> my PC/server.

I've seen the situation numerous times where I can control the Touch
from the server, the server thinks it's connected to the Touch, but the
Touch doesn't realize that it's connected to the server. It's exactly
like you describe - I'm unable connect to the server if I select it on
the Touch's screen from My Music. It plays music, but the Now Playing
screen on the Touch is never displayed. It happens also on the Radio,
so must be a SqueezePlay thing, which continues to have connectivity
problems. For some reason it's only ever been a problem with 7.5.x
servers and usually the situation clears up by itself eventually. No
idea what causes it.

> If I select Squeezebox Server on the Touch, under Advanced, i am told
> that 'neither Squeezebox Server nor the scanner are running'/'detects
> no attached storage device'.

This is referring to the _internal_ Squeezebox Server that can run on
the Touch if you have an attached USB drive or SD card. Ignore it if
you're using a Squeezebox Server on your network.

--
JJZolx